Friday, April 13, 2007

Back up a bit

Six months or so after Factions came out, Nightfall came out. Again, I had to get two copies. Grr! I wish they'd introduced the extra-character slot thing earlier! Meh. One of my copies is a Collectors' Edition and to be honest I don't really think it's worth the extra money. You get a nice 'mini pet' with it - a Kuunavang, which is like a small flying dragon, pretty cool :) and also a special dance, but this is only for the new races you create on the game I think (haven't played for a while - see below). Since I created each new race (two available) on a separate account I only had one special dance, which was for the new character on the Collectors' Edition account, my Paragon. My Dervish is on my other/second account. I think I prefer the Paragon, but both are great.


My gals


Nightfall brought the excellent 'Heroes'. You unlock Heroes as you work your way through Nightfall. If you complete all the quests and missions you need to complete to get to the end, you should have most of them. There are a couple of missions you can't do along the way, due to having to choose which path to take, therefore you also choose which hero to unlock. You can however go back once you get to the end and get them all, except one which has to be gained by doing something in the new high level area which is raaaaaather difficult, though by now I'm sure many have it licked. I wonder if my Guild do... I must check back on them soon :)
You basically equip your heroes with weapons and skills and they're just like having another person along with you - the conversation is even more intelligent than you'll get from some people! :P You can place flags for them to stay back or go to a certain spot, set them on attack or defensive, and I think you can even capture pets for them, though I haven't got around to this yet..

I suppose I should go back and at least try and get my Dervish through the game. The two new ones should both be finished at least I think.
A new mini-pet may have appeared on my Assassin and Ritualist by now too... you get a free mini-pet after a character's been in existence for a year. My first was a (purple) Kirin, then I got less valuable ones after that. Still, some of the 'white' ones are pretty cute: Scorpion (can't remember what it's called... der..d.. uhm... ahh yes, Devourer), Fungal Wallow, etc..
I tried to load GW up yesterday but due to my inactivity there are lots of updates and I couldn't be bothered waiting for it. I'll do it soon though, using the -image command.

Thanks for reading my rambling waffling gibberish (if you got this far :o).

:)

No comments: