Saturday, April 28, 2007

Repairing Data Archive

Waiting for GW to install.. I finally did it!
I've been plagued with 'Repairing Data Archive' on an alarmingly regular basis for months now, and will get kicked out of the game at times with a 'helpful' window popping up telling me that 'A serious problem has occurred...blah..'.
Anyway, tonight I couldn't even get the game to start! It 'repaired' it's data archive, yet again, then closed. Then it just kept ignoring me! Darn cheek! Pfft!
I used the '-contig' command which defragged my Gw.dat file, but that didn't help. They even recognise it on the official GW site here
now, which is a step in the right direction..
I've 'given in' though finally. Tried the 'reinstall GW to same directory' (or similar) option in add/remove programs, but that did nothing, so yep.. I UNINSTALLED Guild Wars! *breathes heavily*. I realised too late that my templates have gone in the bin too lol, but I'd put my screenies somewhere else, and have a copy of my old Gw.dat file 'just in case' - there are a lot of 'just in cases' in my life :P

Oh my..... well it just finished and I just got the 'A serious error has occurred that prevents the program from continuing to run; however... blah..blah...' Grrr!

Meh, back to the drawing board!

*huffs*

No comments: