Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Planeshift

I fancy trying PS again so I've downloaded it and been in briefly. I think there are a few things that will be new to me: I noticed that you can now 'sneak', which is kinda cute hehe. I might have a go tonight..

I find PS a bit of a pain in that each time they bring out a new version, you have to start all over again. I believe a 'proper' updater is in the pipeline, though I think they were talking about that last time I played, so not expecting it soon..

The updater that is currently built-in isn't good either, since you need to read the forums to realise that you SHOULDN'T use the updater..!! If you do, you mess up your install, apparently.. hmm..
When you load up the game to the character selection/creation screen, you are actually prompted to run the updater - though it's a 'not easy to read' message which briefly travels up your screen.. Still.. you'll have a nightmare with it if you don't check what to do first on the forums!

Anyway, I loved the ability to wander around in the 'countryside' for what seemed like miles, and the prospect of actually being able to roleplay properly again is appealing, so I'll definitely give it another go soon.

:)

No comments: