Friday, April 13, 2007

Been a while

It's been a while since I posted. Amazing how time flies! ^..^

I got Factions and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had to get two copies of course, since when I first started playing, there was no option to buy extra slots, which you can do now.
I made a Ritualist on my main/first account and an Assassin on my second. I hated the look of the assassin to start with and actually started a guy. I thought I'd be cool and create one with a Japanese martial-artsy sounding name, but found that I was only one of many who'd had the same idea. There were loads of male assassins running around so I made a female instead. I actually grew to really like her and she farms boss monsters to get me some good drops, though I'm not the luckiest in that respect hehe.

I never really got into the ritualist, but hopefully one day I'll learn to enjoy her as much as all my others. I felt she wasn't really powerful as a killer and not particularly wonderful at being a healer either, but a couple of guildies (yes I joined a guild finally ^^ ) saw huge potential in the ritualist and used them very well, so maybe I just didn't get the hang of it.
I liked Factions a lot. The only thing that really annoyed me was forever coming up against locked gates that you couldn't get through till you'd achieved a certain task (completed another mission or quest or something) which was infuriating when you'd just spent ages fighting your way there - here's where having a 'runner' build is mighty useful.

I joined a really nice guild and should still be in it, if I haven't been kicked for inactivity! :o

I haven't played for a couple of months or so, because it became a bit of a chore. More about this later (skip the next section if you're not interested ;) ).

With Factions came Alliance Battles. They can be fun. I barely got involved for a while, but they're a quick way to gain 'Faction'. There are two types: the ones where you go in with a team of four, and get put into a bigger team with two other teams of four, so twelve of you go running round in the same party against another big group of twelve. The second type is where you just join the 'mission' and get put in a group of eight I think it is.. (memory like a goldfish). I prefer the smaller ones. No-one sulking if it goes wrong (well someone may shout NOOB or something but they're only kids, bless 'em :P) and not usually as much time sorting out the team.

As ever, anet delivered on the scenery score. The lush, enchanting forests, and the calming wide open vastness of the beautiful Jade Sea, not to mention areas of rolling hills with delicately placed oriental-looking bridges or buildings.. of course you can't just relax and have a picnic, due to the critters wandering around wanting you for dinner! lol

No comments: